On the last Wednesday of every month, Docunight screens a documentary about, around, or made in Iran or by Iranians in various cities throughout the US and Canada. ‘The Glass House’ by Hamid Rahmanian (2008, 92min) will be on October 28th.
Docunight is a monthly program, focused on screening Iran-related documentaries that began in San Francisco and has grown to screen films in other cities including New York, Los Angeles, Washington, San Diego, Minneapolis, Washington, Vancouver and Toronto.
Organized by efforts of Ahmad Kiarostami in collaboration with NIAC in the US and ECUPC in Vancouver, the program aims to create an opportunity for cultural exchange and to provide proper grounds for foreign audiences to better understand the Iranian society.
For information on upcoming screenings please visit:
www.docunight.com or Facebook | Docunight
These are the documentaries that have been shown so far:
– Trucker and the Fox (2014, 78min, Dir: Arash Lahooti)
– Abbas Kiarostami: A Report (2013, 82min, Dir: Bahman Maghsoudlou)
– Iranien (Iranian) (2014, 105min, Dir: Mehran Tamadon)
– Going Up the Stairs (2011, 52min, Dir: Rokhsareh Ghaemmaghami)
– Behjat Sadr (2006, 46min, Produced by Marjaneh Moghimi, Dir: Mitra Farahani)
– Monir (2014, 54min, Produced by: Leyla Fakhr, Dir: Bahman Kiarostami)
– Caged (2013, 52min, Dir: Tala Hadavi)
– Street Sultans (2011, 38min, Dir: Paliz Khoshdel, Zeinab Tabrizy)
– Before The Revolution (2013, 60min, Dir: Dan Shadur & Barak Heymann)
– Molf-e Gand (2009, 53min, Dir: Mahmoud Rahmani)
– I Saw Shoush (2002, 8min, Dir: Bahman Kiarostami)
– Infidels (2004, 40min, Dir: Bahman Kiarostami)
– Pilgrimage (2005, 52min, Marjaneh Moghimi for Butimar Production, Dir: Bahman Kiarostami)
– The Bathhouse That Wanted To Keep On Being A Bathhouse (2010, 52min, Dir: Mehdi Shabani)
– Park Mark (2010, 42min, Dir: Baktash Abtin)
– “Mory” Wants A Wife (2009, 42min, Dir: Baktash Abtin)
– Be Like Others (2008, 74min, Dir: Tanaz Eshaghian)
– The Law In These Parts (2011, 90min, Dir: Ra’anan Alexandrowicz)
– My Name Is Negahdar Jamali And I Make Westerns (2012, 65min, Directed by Kamran Heidari)
– Lady of the Roses (2008, 52min, by Mojtaba Mirtahmasb)
– Back Vocal (2004, 40min, by Mojtaba Mirtahmasb)
– Kahrizak, Four Views (2012, 86min, Dir: Rakhshan Bani Etemad, Mohsen Amiryoussefi, Bahman Kiarostami, Pirooz Kalantari)
– Bassidji (2009, 114mins, Directed by Mehran Tamadon)
– Red Lines and Deadlines: Life behind the scenes of the Iranian newspaper Shargh (2004, 5-53min, Filmed, produced and directed by Taghi Amirani)
– Statues of Tehran (2008, 60min, Dir: Bahman Kiarostami)
Sources: docunight.com, Tavoos Online
how can I start the docunight event here where I live? I would like to use the same name and follow the pattern.
Dear Maryam jan, I have no specific insights on this, but maybe you can contact the organizers and ask them for help in organizing such an event.
Maybe you can ask them on their homepage: http://docunight.com/ask or on their Facebook site:
I hope this helps 🙂