Young Iranian chess players won two gold, three silver and three bronze medals at the 2017 Asian Juniors u-20 Chess Championships 2017 held in Shiraz.
India dominated the Asian Junior Girls event, winning gold, silver and bronze. Iran did the same at the Asian Junior Open event: IM Masoud Mosadeghpour won the title, IM Alireza Firouzja won silver and Arash Tahbaz bronze.
Mosadeghpour also finished second in Open Rapid with 5.5 points behind IM Tuan Minh Tran from Vietnam, who won gold with 6.0 points. Iran’s IM Mersad Khodashenas finished third.
In Girls Rapid, WCM Sharma Isha from India stood on top of the podium with 6.0 points followed by Iran’s Anousha Mahdian with 5.0 points. Guddanti Harshita of India ranked third.
At the Asian Junior Girls Blitz event Iran’s WFM Mobina Alinasab won gold followed by Guddanti Harshita from India and Mutriba Hotami from Tajikistan. Tuan Minh Tran from Vietnam won his second gold medal in Open Blitz. India’s IM Bharathakoti Harsha finished second and Amirmasoud Moradi from Iran third.
– Asian Junior – Girls: 1st WIM Ivana Maria Furtado (India), 2nd C.H. Meghna (India), 3rd WFM Rutumbara Bidhar (India)
– Asian Junior – Open: 1st IM Masoud Mosadeghpour (Iran), 2nd IM Alireza Firouzja (Iran), 3rd Arash Tahbaz (Iran)
– Asian Junior – Girls (Rapid): 1st WCM Sharma Isha (India), 2nd Anousha Mahdian (Iran), 3rd Guddanti Harshita (India)
– Asian Junior – Open (Rapid): 1st IM Tuan Minh Tran (Vietnam), 2nd IM Masoud Mosadeghpour (Iran), 3rd IM Mersad Khodashenas (Iran)
– Asian Junior – Girls (Blitz): 1st WFM Mobina Alinasab (Iran), 2nd Guddanti Harshita (India), 3rd Mutriba Hotami (Tajikistan)
– Asian Junior – Open (Blitz): 1st IM Tuan Minh Tran (Vietnam), 2nd IM Bharathakoti Harsha (India), 3rd Amirmasoud Moradi (Iran)
IM: International Master; WCM: Woman Candidate Master; WFM: Woman FIDE Master; WIM: Woman International Master